Lower Back Pain Solutions
Many people experience lower back pain within their lifetime. Often, this is due to pulling a muscle or possibly straining the back. To reduce this type of pain, anti-inflammatory products are very helpful.
Ultram is one such anti-inflammatory product that can help treat lower back pain.
Lower back pain is defined as pain in the lower back coming from either nerves, muscles, the spine, and other structures within your back. It can also come from the a hernia in the groin and areas in the upper or middle back.
Sitting correctly can also reduce this pain. Make sure the chair is straight-backed and sit so that your knees are slightly above your hips. Don’t slouch at a desk, rather sit straight and turn with your whole body. When driving you must not slouch either. A pillow under your lower back can go a long ways.
Regarding standing, if you have to be up for long periods of time, try resting one foot on a low stool. This relieves pressure on the lower back. Also, every five to ten minutes switch the foot you’re resting on. Keep a good posture, meaning having your ears, hips, and shoulders in a straight line while keeping your head tilted up and your stomach pulled in.
When sleeping, the best position is on your side and bending your knees. A pillow between your knees can also help. Firm mattresses are ideal.
If you must sleep on your back, put pillows underneath the knees and a small one underneath the lower part of your back.
Here are a few more tips to prevent back strain:
1. Don’t bend over to lift objects, but rather bend your hips and knees to squat and pick up the object. While doing this, keep your back straight and pull the object close to your body.
2. If you have to site for long periods of time, break it up every once and awhile to stretch.
3. Wear shoes with low heels or flats.
4. Exercise on a regular basis.
5. Excessive weight puts pressure on the spine. If you are overweight weight loss can help.
6. Sleep and sit comfortably.
7. Don’t smoke! It can cause atherosclerosis which can cause lower back pain.
By following these tips and methods, you can reduce your lower back pain and make sure it does not happen again in the future.